Street Address

Lionel Bowen Building, 97-99 Goulburn Street, Sydney

Opening Hours

08:45am - 16:30pm

Postal Address

GPO Box 9991, Sydney NSW 2001


See relevant addresses provided below


1300 352 000

Phone Hours

8:30am - 5:00pm


(02) 9217 7136

Urgent After Hours

1300 352 000 (This after hours service is limited to the family law jurisdiction in circumstances where:

There is a real risk of a child being removed from Australia before the next working day; or

A lawyer contacts the service where there is a risk of removal or dissipation of assets before the next working day.

Enquiries relating to: bankruptcymigrationhuman rightsindustrial law and other matters.

All registry services for general federal law matters in the Federal Circuit Court will be provided from the Federal Court registry, located on level 17, Law Courts Building, Queens Square. However, all court matters will be heard in the courtrooms located at Lionel Bowen Building, Levels 3 and 4, 97-99 Goulburn Street, Sydney and Terrace Tower Group Building, Levels 8, 9 and 13, 80 William Street, Sydney.

Refer to the Fact Sheet which provides more information about the locations.

Registry contact details (for enquiries and to file documents)

Street Address

Law Courts Building, Level 17, Queens Square, Sydney


Email for General Federal Law matters. For Family Law see below.


(02) 9230 8567

Phone Hours

8:30am - 5pm



Opening Hours

9.00am - 4.30pm

Urgent After Hours

For urgent after hours applications contact the Law Courts Security Desk, NSW on (02) 9230 8282

Courtroom locations (when going to court)

Terrace Tower Group (TTG) Building
Levels 8, 9 and 13 
80 William Street, Sydney

Lionel Bowen Building
Levels 3 and 4
97-99 Goulburn Street, Sydney

The Federal Circuit Court of Australia shares facilities with the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Court of Australia.

Walking distance from Central, Museum and Town Hall stations.

Close to a number of bus routes on George, Elizabeth and Castlereagh Streets.

There are two public car parks located close by in Goulburn Street and World Square.

General enquiries

Information about filing and family law procedures

Procedural information about your case

Family law forms and publications


Commonwealth Courts Portal Support

For information see the Commonwealth Courts Portal how do I's.

For information see the Commonwealth Courts Portal how do I's.


Proof of divorce

I need to prove we are divorced – how do I do that?


Registry enquiries

Lost property

Request for a lawyer code

Request availability of a file for file viewing or subpoena viewing (you should check that leave has been granted through the Commonwealth Courts Portal prior to sending a request to inspect a subpoena)


Family Court of Australia Case Coordinators

Family Court of Australia case file information – parties/lawyers

Lawyers providing conciliation conference documents – Family Court of Australia and Federal Circuit Court of Australia

Follow up enquiries for consent orders and urgent applications


Child Dispute Services

Confirm appointments.

Request to cross-examine a family consultant or regulation 7 provider.


Federal Circuit Court of Australia

To contact Federal Circuit Court of Australia chambers please refer to Communicating with Judges' Chambers and contact details.


Divorce hearings

Requests to attend by telephone

Requests for adjournments


No public telephones available.

Photocopier available on ground floor – 20c per copy.

Justice of the Peace – all documents should be signed, witnessed and photocopied before attending the registry.

Bathrooms, including disabled facilities, located on the ground floor and levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7

Parents’ room with changing facilities for babies located on levels 4, 5, 6 and 7

Wheelchair access available via the main entrance on Goulburn Street.

Lift access available to all public floors.

Hearing loops available by contacting the registry in advance – email and postal address information above.

A volunteer service provides tea/coffee and biscuits on level 4 for a small donation.

Child care is only available for children who are attending the Court for an appointment with a family consultant.

For copies of transcripts contact Auscript.

Legal Aid NSW provides assistance to unrepresented litigants through services such as information sessions, referrals (including direct referrals to family dispute resolution and private practitioners), assistance with applying for legal aid, preparing documents including urgent applications, duty appearances and assisting in court.

For more information see Legal Aid New South Wales or contact Legal Aid on or 1300 888 529.


Monday to Friday 9 am – 1pm and 2 pm – 4pm

Location: Level 4, room 4

An information and referral service to provide information and referrals to services and programs for families.



Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9.30 am – 1 pm

Location: Level 4 reception counter

Provides non-legal support, advocacy, information and referrals to women in relation to the court process and can assist in accessing court personnel and accompanying to court appointments.

(02) 9217 7389 or 0402 467476 or


Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm

Location: Level 5

The counter is currently closed. Opening hours are between 08:45 Hrs and 16:30 Hrs.

Clients waiting

Approx Wait Time

It is important to obtain some independent legal advice in relation to your situation. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities. They can also explain how the law applies to your case. A lawyer may also be able to help you reach an agreement without going to court. The court is unable to provide legal advice because to do so could seriously compromise the court's ability to impartially determine a case if a person then applies to the court seeking orders.
The Family Relationship Advice Line (FRAL) can help you with free legal advice and information about services available to assist anybody with family relationship issues - call 1800 050 321 (+61 7 3423 6878 if you are overseas). You should advise FRAL that you are seeking legal advice and they will take your details and a lawyer will call you back. FRAL will advise you of a timeframe on the call back, you should advise if it is urgent.
Alternatively, the Australian government funds a range of legal assistance services that may be able to assist you, including Legal Aid Commissions and individual Community Legal Centres, which offer free and low cost advice. Information to assist with finding legal services is available from the Attorney-General's Department website.